Buy your sailing trip on-line
Join us for a unique experience on the water - we offer daily sailing trips, and some tickets are released for online booking.
A unique experience on the water
At the Viking Ship Museum you can go directly from the encounter with the 1000 year old original viking ships on exhibit in the Viking Ship Hall to the Museum Harbour where you can go on a sailing trip in one of the viking ships' direct decendants - the traditional nordic wooden boats - which now 1000 years later are still built according to the same principles and methods as used by the vikings. And Yes - we also use the very same energy source to move forward - oars and sail and the muscle power of the crew.
In other words: your will be involved in rowing and handling the sail.
It is only a selection of available tickets that are being sold online. It is still possible to buy sailing tickets by calling on the ticket office on the day from 10.00. We offer sailing trips every day from May 1 til September 30.
In addition, groups can book special tours. Contact the booking office: booking(a)vikingeskibsmuseet.dk
- We reserve the right to cancel sailing trips if the weather represents a safety risk.
- Guest must be able to understand danish or english.
- Bring warm clothing.
- Children under the age of 4 cannot join the sailing trips.
- The saling ticket includes admission to the Viking Ship Museum.
- The ticket can not be refunded unless the trip is cancelled.
- Ticket fee (15 kr.) is not refundable.
By: Rikke Johansen