The voyage continues
If all had gone to plan, Skjoldungen should have arrived home from Sognefjord on the 17th August – a journey of some 775 nautical miles, using oar and sail power alone. In Mid-August, the voyage was temporarily set on hold due to weather conditions, which have resulted in the voyage extending beyond the time-period that the boat guild had set aside. In the meantime the weather has approved and the crew are ready to take on the rest of the voyage!
Logbook from Skjoldungen
At 6.04 we rowed out in the dark from Kungshamn in relatively quiet weather, after 20 minutes of rowing we could finally put up the sail in a small favorable wind. The sun met us at 7 and at the same time the wind increased and we sailed at 6-8 knots. Today's sail plan is to get as far south as possible.