Guests are very welcome to take photographs in the Museum unless otherwise indicated. Hand-held cameras fitted with a normal flash may be used.
All photographs of the Viking ship Museum’s ships, whatever the shooting place/location, are subject to the same conditions as photography at the Viking Ship Museum.
Photography/filming for private use are permitted when:
- The pictures / film clips are not used commercially.
- The pictures / film clips are published on the internet in low resolution.
- An ordinary camera (without stand) is used with an ordinary flash.
- The photography is performed without harming the exhibited artefacts.
- The recordings are made without disturbing the other visitors at the museum.
- The attendants' instructions are followed.
Commercial or professional photograph/filming
Commercial or professional photography must be arranged in advance through the Broadcast Unit, who will determine a price for the recordings.
The Broadcast Unit deals with all professional and commercial requests to photograph exhibits, locations, ships within the Museum.
Contact the Film and Broadcast Unit:
The Viking Ship Museum is located in an urban area, close to public roads and is a gathering point for many people. Overflight with drones is therefore not allowed by Danish law, neither at the museum nor in the surrounding open spaces.
Roskilde Fjord is a protected Natura 2000 area. Overflight with drones is therefore not permitted over the fjord according to Danish law.
» Facts about the Natura 2000 areas (Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries of Denmark).