General Terms and Conditions
General terms and conditions for booking and cancellation of events. Booking of events at the Viking Ship Museum can be done by contacting the museum's booking department either by phone +45 46300253 or by e-mail to booking(at)vikingeskibsmuseet.dk.
- Agreements are considered binding when the museum has issued an order confirmation.
- Cancellation/reductions must be notified in writing to booking(at)vikingeskibsmuseet.dk
- Cancellation/reduction of an event can be done free of charge up until four weeks before the event.
- Cancellation of events later than four weeks and up until two weeks before the event will be charged 50% of the arrangement's total price.
- Cancellation later than two weeks before the event will be charged full price.
- Reduction of number of participants corresponding to less than 10% is accepted free of charge up until the event begins.
- Reduction equivalent to more than 10% follows terms for cancellation.
- Cancellation due to extraordinary extreme circumstances beyond the control of both parties (force majeure) can be done free of charge.
- Cancellation on the basis of Corona virus is not considered a force majeure situation for agreements concluded after the date on which WHO has declared Corona virus for an international health crisis.
- No show will be charged full price.
- Entrance is always adjusted according to the actual number of participants on the day.
Deposit and reservation fee
- For reserving a room, a reservation fee of DKK 1,000 is charged.
- Reservation fee is set off against final settlement after the event has taken place.
- Reservation fee is non-refundable in case of cancellation.
- For agreements of a value greater than DKK 25,000 a deposit of 50% is charged 3 months before the event.
- Deposit is set off against final settlement after the event has taken place.
- Deposit is refunded by cancellation no later than 4 weeks before the event. Deposit is non-refundable in case of cancellation less than 4 weeks before the event.
- Additional deposit may be charged in special cases. Repayment of this part of the deposit is agreed per arrangement.
Applicable for sailing trips
- For bookings including a sailing trip, the museum reserves the right to cancel for safety reasons, such as strong winds. In such cases, no payment will be charged for the sailing trip and prepaid sailing trips will be refunded.
- For bookings including a sailing trip we emphasize that sailing trips are carried through in both rainy and windy weather as long as safety precautions allow. No refunds are given if the guest chooses not to participate. It is also the responsibility of the guest to be dressed properly according to weather conditions and no refunds are given due to unease caused by wrong/bad/insufficient clothing.
- For bookings that include sailing, the museum reserves the right to cancel if guests do not comply with the safety requirements on board. In such cases, payment will be charged for the sailing and prepaid sailing trips will not be refunded.
- Safety requirements include the guest's ability to speak English and/or Danish and at any time to follow the instructions of the captain.
- For bookings that include a privately chartered boat, a starting price equal to a minimum of 8 adults will be paid, regardless of the group may include fewer people.
Applicable for table reservations in the Café
- Cancellations of deliveries ordered for more than 12 people can be done free of charge up to four weeks before the event. Then the general terms of the museum apply.
- Cancellation of deliveries ordered for less than 12 people can be done free of charge up to one week before the event. Then full price will be charged.
- Reduction in number of participants follows the museum's general terms.
- For table reservations or parties in Café Knarr, it is only possible to pay the bill in full and not individually.