The stories are engagingly told and the audio guide is designed so that there is something for everyone in the family.
The starting point is a captivating story inspired by the Viking Age.
The Museum’s audio guide gives you access to exciting stories about the famous Viking ships, which stand beautifully – but silently – on display, keeping their secrets about a distant past with terrifying Viking raids and trading voyages to far-away shores, about the seafarers on board and their life by the sea almost 1,000 years ago.
A soundscape for the whole family
The stories are engagingly told and the audio guide is designed so that there is something for everyone in the family. The starting point is a captivating story inspired by the Viking Age.
The stories can be heard in three different ‘sections’, aimed at different age groups and depending on how much time you have for your visit to the Museum
Altogether, there are 8 ‘listening-stations’ and you don’t have to listen to all of the stories in one go. Each of the stories can also stand alone, so you can go back and hear the rest of the content another day if needs be.
You can hear the audio guide via the Museum app ‘Useeum’, and it’s both easy and safe as guests use their own smartphones. The App can be downloaded for free. The Museum also has tablets available for loan, if you don’t have your own smartphone.
Info about the audio guide:
• The audio guide is intended for use in the Viking Ship Hall
• The audio guide can be played through the app Useeum
• The app can be downloaded for free in the App Store or on Google Play.
• Bring a smartphone, ipad or tablet
• Don't forget your headphones/earpods so you can get the most optimal experience
• You control the tempo of your journey through the Viking Ship Hall and decide yourself the order in which you want to visit the listening stations
The audio guide has been supported by the Friends of the Viking Ship Museum Association.