Since the foundation of the Nordic Conference for Maritime Archaeology, it has been the intention to offer a forum for maritime archaeology practitioners for discussion of professional issues in underwater cultural heritage management and research.
The organisers welcome all contributions addressing this overall aim.
However, we wish to invite - and if necessary give priority to - contributions addressing five topics which we consider to be particularly topical:
1. The impact of underwater archaeology in politics, media, and public opinion:
- Good as well as bad experiences with media interest and -strategies.
- Political and popular reactions to investigations and their results…
2. Investigation methods:
- Prospection and excavation.
- Scientific methods.
- Cost/benefit of surveys/excavations…
3. Water level fluctuations in the North:
- What do we know, and what do we need to know?
- Is there a basis for a pan-Nordic/-Baltic water level atlas..?
4. In situ preservation and reburial:
- Workaround or deliberate strategy?
- Do the methods work?
- Experience from long-term monitoring..?
5. Education and recruitment:
- State and future for academic and practical education of underwater archaeologists…
If you wish to contribute, please send name(s), email address, title and an abstract of max. 400 words.
» Use the form found here...
Submission deadline is November 30 2019.
The conference languages are Scandinavian languages and English.
Please note that neither submission nor accept of a paper automatically implies registration for the conference. More information hereon will follow.